A very important aspect of your financial plan should be to save money on groceries, as they tend to be one of the biggest expenditures of any family. All of us were already worried about recession and with inflation also on the rise it becomes very difficult to keep the budget under control. Your debt is already causing sleepless nights and the grocery bills add to the misery. Most families are shocked to see their grocery bills rising. What do you do? Is there a way you can win over inflation? Is there a financial plan to control the ever increasing prices? You are not alone, in this battle and we will help you get a plan in action to create a win-win situation. Here we go!
- Don’t shop when you are hungry – Hungry and grocery shopping! Never do your groceries shopping when you are hungry as you tend to buy things that you don’t need. You will indulge in a lot of impulsive shopping.
- Plan your meals – You should have a definite plan; you should know what you need and what you don’t. If you walk around the shop aimlessly, thinking about your meals, you will grab whatever you see. Try to do grocery shopping for the entire week.
- Hunt for deals – Most grocery shops announce deals once every week and this could be advertised in the local newspaper. You could get very good deals on a specific day and this will help keep the cost down.
- Store brands – Most customers are apprehensive of the store brands against reputed brands. Surprise! You will get better quality products of store brands and the prices are also very cheap.
- Multiple item sales – Five items for just $30.00! It is one of the best marketing strategies available where a combination of products or multiple items are offered for sale. Most of us fall for this. Be careful and chose the deal wisely.
- Coupons – You will be surprised to know that you can save money on groceries by cutting the coupons that are available in newspapers. Somehow not many of us do it nowadays. Maybe we tend to think of it as cheap. But every time you use these coupons you will save some dollars.
- Discounts and frequent shoppers – There are a number of grocery chains that offer discounts to customers who are loyal to the chain and you can avail of such discounts and save valuable money.
“Little drops of water make the mighty ocean”. Every cent you save will add to your overall saving and using this money you can also slowly take care of your debt. You can trim the fat of your bill and save money on groceries if you plan it right.